Monday, April 2, 2012

DCP - Classes!

If you are arriving early enough for Fall Advantage 2012, you can officially sign up for your classes! I had already picked my Summer and Fall class (I think one a term is plenty) and just had to click on the right buttons to get myself registered for Summer II term. I am taking Experiential Learning. It isn't the most popular course (One of the classes I know of you spend half of your class sessions in the parks and at resorts, that fills up quickly) but it is the most relevant to me! Experiential Learning talks about educational theorists like Piaget, Kolb, and Dewey. Those names might not sound familiar to you, but to an education student, they are common knowledge. I think it will be nice to see education from the Disney perspective. There is even one class meeting titled "Education through Entertainment." My kind of class!

For the Fall term I am planning on taking a seminar class called "Entertainment Show Production" which sounds right up my alley, wouldn't you agree?

So this Experiential Learning course meets on  Mondays from 9AM-12PM, which isn't bad. 3 hours is a typical seminar course length and I know I can sit through a class for that amount of time. It meets at Vista Way, and since I plan on living at Patterson, I have a feeling I will drive to class as a treat to myself on Monday mornings :) We have to wear business casual clothing to class or we are allowed to wear our costume if we have to go into work after class. I have plenty of business casual clothing, so that shouldn't be a problem.

PS: Some of the classes have fees associated with them. I managed to pick one of the most expensive classes at $23 -_-' but like I said, it is a way to keep my education current while I work at Walt Disney World. Also, $23 for a college credit course is a great deal! AP exams are more expensive and there is no guarantee you'll even get credit for those.

No comments:

Post a Comment