Sunday, February 5, 2012

At Home Adventures!

Have you ever heard of Pinterest.com? It is a really cool site. People find links to things like recipes, crafts, fashion, etc. and post them to this website under various categories. You can then log on, pick out "pins" you like and organize them on your own virtual "pin boards." I have found tons of great recipes on this site!

So now on to my adventures: The first "pin" I decided to use today is called WATER MARBLING. It is a nail polish technique that swirls together multiple colors of nail polish. It looks awesome! You basically put scotch tape around your fingernail, drip some nail polish into a dixie cup of water, "marble" with a toothpick, and dunk in your nail! I used this video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OO3NO29L50U

I also made a "pinterest" recipe today. Fried ravioli! You just cook frozen ravioli in water, dry it a little, dredge it in buttermilk, cover with breadcrumbs, and fry in canola oil. Scrumptious! They are more of a side dish or an appetizer than an entree. I want to get some chicken breast to grill/bake to go with them!

And what did I watch on TV while I did all of this? LAW AND ORDER: SVU MARATHON! I love SVU :). I will have to see what episode is on next (6 PM) because if it is really good, I may watch it instead of the superbowl, lol.

I want to get some more sewing done tonight as well. I got a great deal on elastic at Joann Fabrics on Friday.

BUDGET ALERT: Joann Fabrics is completely getting rid of their stock of by-the-yard elastic and velcro. I got elastic for 25 cents a yard. That is unheard of! Look at your local store for the clearance items. I went ahead and bought the rest of the spool (19 yards) and it cost me less than $5. The woman at the cutting counter even gave me one of the plastic trim holders to take the elastic home on. How kind.

Oh, and while we're on the subject of a budget, Winn-Dixie has the best deal running this week! I got 2 Red Baron pizzas, a box of mozzarella sticks, a box of Tyson Annytizers, a 2-liter of wild cherry Pepsi, and a package of li'l smokies for $12! Other than the Pepsi, it is all in the freezer and will keep until I need a quick meal and don't want to cook (The frozen pizza I mentioned in a post a few days ago was part of this stash, lol).

No comments:

Post a Comment