Wednesday, February 8, 2012

The Waiting Game

Acceptances started going out this morning for the Disney College Program. I am only on day 6 of my wait, so I don't expect to hear back until at least the end of the week. I am anxious. I just want to know, but then again, so does everyone.

Instead of waiting idly, I decided to make another post with some observations I've made here in Florida.

1) This is the cleanest state I have ever visited. There are ALWAYS crews out cleaning trash off the road, pruning palm trees, cutting the grass, etc. It makes for a pleasant commute :)

2) I love faculty development day. We get free lunch which is super nice. Today was Buca di Beppo, and they had the ravioli -yum-.

3) A "Polo" is not the same thing as a "golf shirt." I had a student today correct me when I said that apparently today was Red Polo Day since so many people were wearing red polos. He looked at me strangely, pointed to where the Ralph Lauren logo would have been on his shirt, and said "Um... this isn't a polo." He wasn't rude about it at all, I just found it funny that in his mind the two things were vastly different.

4) You cannot renew movies at the library, and asking to "check them back out" is met with a less than enthusiastic response. Is someone waiting for the DVD? Is there a hold on this particular movie? Then why can't I renew it? I didn't get to watch "Marie Antoinette" or "Finding Neverland" so I'll have to check them out again on my next trip to the Library.

5) 7 PM really means sometime around 7:15...7:30? They offer free yoga at my apartment complex. I have gone two weeks in a row 10 minutes early and waited until 10 minutes after the class was supposed to start. No instructor. I complained at the desk after last week's missed yoga session and the man at the front desk seemed confused. Apparently the yoga instructor was there, she was just around 30 minutes late. That's usually the case. You get what you pay for, lol. This week I will make sure to stay around a little longer.

So that is what's going on in my life. I am enjoying Florida, but I miss being home. I especially miss being at college for my last semester. I feel like I'm missing out on so much. In reality, college has to end sometime, I just left to student teach before everyone else leaves at graduation.

No comments:

Post a Comment